Top 10 Graduate Education Schools
Graduate education programs are designed for students who would like to develop advanced understandings of educating particular populations, age groups, and in certain communities. Students who pursue doctoral degrees are normally interested in issues regarding social policy and administrative action. Because education is easily crossed with a number of other disciplines, such as science education and literacy education, students in graduate education programs will most likely take classes in other schools and departments. Students in graduate programs in education will normally be required to have academic or professional experience in their chosen concentrations.
These are ten of the top graduate education programs in the nation which focus on curriculum and instruction. Based on the research performed by U.S. News and World Report, this list offers a sample of the most well established and prestigious education schools in the country.
- University of Wisconsin--Madison Considered to be the most effective and most prestigious education school in the country, the School of Education in Madison allows students in the master's and PhD programs to study online so that they may continue as professionals while earning degrees. Students attend professional seminars and meetings and work within classrooms.
- Michigan State University The graduate programs offered by the School of Education allow students maximum flexibility so that they may get the most out of their educations. Students may design their own programs, while working closely with a mentor, so that they may get the skills and understanding they need to be at the top of their field.
- Teachers College, Columbia University The Teachers College offers a wide range of various disciplines within the education field for graduate students and working professionals who are interested in learning the most cutting edge theories and practices in education today.
- Stanford University The School of Education offers one-year master's programs and PhD degree programs. Students in the master's program often go on into the doctoral program. Class sizes are small and students are encouraged to engage in interdisciplinary study.
- Ohio State University The School of Teaching and Learning offers a M.Ed. and a PhD in Education. Students learn to work within a number of different environments, including urban, rural, and cross-cultural environments.
- University of Michigan--Ann Arbor Students in this school have opportunity to work in classrooms and learn about the newest education technology. There is a wide array of PhD concentrations for students are interested in research and education policy.
- University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign The College of Education is widely considered to be one of the most innovative and globally minded schools in the country. Students who graduate with master's or PhD degrees find a wealth of opportunity has opened before them.
- University of Georgia The College of Education in Georgia allows students to learn from clinical experience and to pursue various research goals. Diversity and innovations are key characteristics of this college.
- Indiana University--Bloomington This School of Education is well known throughout the world for providing students with some of the relevant preparatory training for teaching, administration, and policy.
- University of Washington This school offers a number of different master's and doctoral programs for students interested in education, teaching, and curriculum. Master's programs prepare students for clinical work, classroom teaching, and administration, while the doctoral programs are for students who are concerned with research, institutions, and policy.