Top 10 Graduate Management Schools
The best graduate schools for an education in management are going to be those that understand the importance of a global education mixed with an interdisciplinary approach to research and practice. Management degrees are almost always houses by the school or college of business. Many times, however, there are schools of management alongside schools of business. This varies from school to school. Students who pursue graduate management programs are those who are interested in big picture issues concerning finance, resources, and accounting.
The schools listed below are taken from the study conducted by U.S. News and World Report. These are commonly thought to be the best management schools in the country. These schools all help to place their master's and PhD graduates in high profile positions and give them the educations they need to become influential and valuable leaders in their fields.
- Harvard University Part of the Harvard Business School, the PhD in Management is considered to be one of the best in the world. Students who graduate from this degree program enter into high level positions in the financial sector. Many will often become researchers and educators in top universities and organizations.
- Stanford University The Stanford Graduate School of Business believes in training students with the most cutting edge and valuable research methods and techniques. Students may start with MBA degrees in management and then move on to follow PhD tracks.
- Northwestern University (Kellogg) The Kellogg School of Management is considered to be one of the best in the nation because it offers students access to the most established faculty as well as to some of the best research technology in the country.
- University of Pennsylvania (Wharton) The Wharton School offers Master's and PhD degree programs in management. Students may choose more specific concentrations that may also include interdisciplinary study.
- Dartmouth College (Tuck) The Tuck MBA in Management is considered to be one of the best in the country for how it prepares students to become leaders in management or to follow PhD degree programs. Students who complete the MBA in management leave the program ready to excel in a number of different fields.
- University of Michigan--Ann Arbor (Ross) The Ross School of Business offers a number of options for the graduate management students. Students may start on the terminal MBA track, the PhD track, or on the executive track, which is especially developed for working professionals.
- University of Virginia (Darden) The Darden School of Business has an excellent reputation throughout the business world for providing its students with one of the premier management educations in the field. Students gain a diverse understanding of today's issues and also learn to perform like scholars with sound research methodologies.
- Duke University (Fuqua) The PhD in Management at the Fuqua School or Business requires at least six years of work. Students who complete this program have normally developed and completed unique research projects and have published studies and papers in a number of prestigious journals.
- University of California--Berkeley (Haas) The Haas School of Business has one of the best reputations in the country. Their PhD in Management is considered to be one of the best for its concentration on the global marketplace.
- Columbia University The Columbia Business School offers a number of different master's and PhD degree tracks for graduate management students. Students will also have the opportunity to work on a number of field projects and other clinical studies that provide for the necessary experience and skills set.