What is the Job Growth Outlook for Public Health Grads?
The healthcare industry is one of the safest industries to go into for a career. This is true especially for careers in the Public Health field of the healthcare industry. Public health encompasses many different areas and each of them is just as important as the next and equally vital to our way of life. With the many specializations that are available in Public Health, it is not all that difficult to find a job in the field.
- As the healthcare industry continues to change, careers in Public Health will continue to grow. There will always be a need for researchers, administrative staff, health policy makers and public health educators, among the many other jobs that falls underneath the Public Health umbrella.
- The Public Health field of Biostatistics is an increasingly vital field. Statisticians are always in high demand as health data needs to continue to be collected and analyzed in order to continue eradicating diseases.
- Administration is another area of Public Health that will continue to grow, despite advancing technology. There will always be a need for someone to oversee hospitals, doctor's offices, and health agencies. It takes an actual person to make sure things are running smoothly, so this is not a career that is likely to be replaced by computer technology anytime soon.
- As long as we have an environment, there will always be a need for those to work in the Public Health area of Environmental Health. Those who work in the field of environmental health study environmental conditions that impact public health. Environmental health workers are hired in government agencies, hospitals or other private firms to conduct research and figure out ways to combat environmental health hazards. So, it is clear that there will always be a need for people to work in the field of Environmental Health.
- Public Health education is another area where there will always be a need for workers. As long as there are still people, they will need to be educated in matters of infectious diseases and how to prevent them as well as in other health matters. It is the job of the educators to do their best to make people understand the importance of infectious disease prevention as well as control. This is why there will always be a necessity for Public Health educators.
- There will always be a need for Epidemiologists as they are the ones responsible for most of the research done in the healthcare industry. The knowledge that Epidemiologists gain and pass on to other professionals in the Public Health field enable many illnesses to be eradicated as well as to allow us to prevent or control others. If it was not for the Epidemiologists, many Public Health professionals would be in the dark on how to go about letting the public know what to do when it comes to things like infectious diseases. These researchers are incredibly important in the field of Public Health.